Job Title: PV Electrical Engineer Assistant Reports to: Electrical Engineer
Location: Sacramento Branch
Phone: 916 492 2797 and 818 678 9699 (Working time: 9:00AM-17:00PM Pacific time)
- PV Electrical Engineer Assistant is a full time position to work with Electrical Engineer. You will be part of the project design team responsible for collecting project information, designing request form, filing project permit package and rebate form, also designing residential and small commercial PV power plants under the supervision of Engineer.
- Work environment is a shared office or space depending on Fortune Energy office space configuration. Core office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM.
Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD, 3D Max software and graphics skills. Responsible coordinate and collect all necessary information and to create 3D model for proposed project. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Create 3D model for project and prepare RFP as required.
- Coordinate with customer, collect all necessary information, filing project permit package and rebate application form.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Create and redline AutoCAD drawings of PV systems including one line and three line diagrams.
- Create 3D model for proposed project.
- Preparation of permit submittal packages, bills of material, operational and maintenance procedures, safety plans etc.
- Under supervision of Electrical Engineer, providing electrical engineering support in the design of small to medium size solar power plant projects including project design, equipment specification, code compliance, technical research, leading to the preparation of complete permit submittal packages.
- Working knowledge of PV system components and sizing methods including their specifications, cost, efficiency, code compliance, performance, and reliability
- Knowledge of safety features, grounding, disconnects, and troubleshooting
- Able to support the generation of 1-line and 3-line schematics
- At least 1 year in PV system design or equivalent electrical design.
- Must demonstrate strong engineering, design, and communication skills, and an ability to work in a dynamic team environment to think outside the box and solve traditional problems in new ways
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Strong 3D software skills
- Must be self-motivated, extremely thorough, have excellent organizational skills, and professional integrity
- Must be able to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to pick up concepts quickly and apply them in new situations
- Must communicate effectively in both written and verbal mediums, to internal and external customers
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, non-hierarchal environment that requires ownership of results
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Experiences of AutoCAD and 3D software is a must
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association/National Electrical Code (NFPA/NEC) Standards, California Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, and IEEE/IES/API Standards.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site.
Please submit your resume to HR@FortuneEnergy.net if you are interested in working at Fortune Energy
Follow us on Social Media
Click on any icon to go to our page: