Return, Damage & Claim Policy
Each order is checked for accuracy, packaged according to industry standards, and shipped using the best carriers available. However, occasionally mistakes do happen. To expedite resolutions to overage, shortage and damage issues, we encourage Customers to use the following guidelines.
Order Inspection & Verification
Before signing for a package or freight shipment, it is the Customer’s responsibility to inspect the delivery for visible signs of damage.
Look for the following:
- Torn or punctured cardboard or stretch wrap
- Broken or crushed corners
- Broken pallet
- Module stack that shifted on pallet
- Missing the “Do Not Stack” pyramid on module pallet
Verify that the Packing list matches the items received in the shipment.
If damage is found:
- Immediately write description of damage on the Delivery Receipt and inform the Driver.
Note: If damage is not recorded and brought to the driver’s attention, the carrier will not honor any damage claim.
- If the Driver is willing to wait, open the shipment and inspect items. Note any internal damage on Delivery Receipt and inform the Driver.
Note: If the Driver is not willing to wait please note that on the Delivery Receipt before the Driver leaves.
- Sign for the Delivery and file a claim with “Fortune Energy Claim Form” within 3 days of delivery.
Note: Do not refuse the delivery. Doing so may result in additional freight charge.
Verify Your Order
- Compare the items shipped with the Packing List included with your shipment and verify that your order has been received.
- If there is an overage or shortage of items, file a claim within 3 days of receipt. Please do not wait until you start your job to verify the contents of your order.
For an Overage or Shortage claim
- Immediately after inspecting your order, report any discrepancies between your Packing List and the contents of your shipment.
Note: Unshipped items will not appear on the Packing List and will automatically be shipped to the address on the order as soon as product becomes available. It is not necessary to submit a Claim.
- If you receive an item you did not order or if you need to return an item you have received, file a claim within 3 days of receipt.
- You will be contacted by Customer Service of Fortune Energy with the details of your replacement or return.
- Product must be returned in new resalable condition.
For Shipping Damage:
- Immediately after reporting damage to the Driver, file claim using the “Fortune Energy Claim Form” and contact the Fortune Energy Customer Service Department @ 916 492 2797 ex 825 with questions.
Note: The Customer must file a Claim before replacement product can be shipped.
- You will be asked to send the following:
- o Pictures of the damaged packaging and product
- o Serial numbers for damaged modules
- o Copy of the Delivery Receipt and Bill of Lading
- o Any additional photos as requested by the carrier and/or vendor
- Once the claim is filed with the carrier, you will be contacted by the carrier or Fortune Energy’s Shipping Department for the damage inspection. For a successful inspection, you must keep all original packaging and damaged product until the claim has been settled.
- We will expedite any order of replacement items for damaged product, however, keep in mind that you will be invoiced for the replacement product, until/unless the claim is approved.
Note: Fortune Energy will not be held responsible for denied claims.
- If for whatever reason you need to return product you have purchased, please file your claim using Fortune Energy Claim Form within 3 days of receipt of product.
- Note: Certain items are non‐returnable, including:
- o Custom Ordered items that are non‐stocking items
- o Non‐stocking items that are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer / vendor
- o Final sale items that are close out, discontinued or obsolete
- o Products without original package or in non-resalable condition
- You will be contacted by our Customer Service Department with RMA number of your replacement or return.
- Return your items to the nearest Fortune Energy warehouse. To expedite claims processing, email the tracking number for your return to Customer Service Department at Fortune Energy.
Note: Do not return any product without prior written authorization (RMA #) provided by the Shipping Department. Any product returned to Fortune Energy without written authorization will be returned to Customer at Customer’s expense.
- Once we have received your return and the product has been inspected by our Shipping Department (if applicable), your account will be credited for the original purchase price minus restocking fees (if applicable).
Note: Product not returned in new, resalable condition will be returned to Customer at Customer’s expense and credit will not be issued
If the return is not due to Fortune Energy error, a restock fee will apply to all returns as follows:
- Domestic Order Returns will incur a flat 15% restock fee
- All International returns will incur a flat 25% restock fee
Note: Credit will not be issued for returned product that is not received in resalable condition.
CLICK: Return, Damage & Claim Form
Please contact Customer Service with any questions.
916 492 2797 ext. 825 customerservice@FortuneEnergy.net